Effective at noon on Thursday, July 2, 2015, campfires will be prohibited in the following areas of the Northwest Fire Centre:
* Nadina Forest District
* Skeena Stikine Forest District (excluding the northern section of the Skeena Stikine Forest District, also known as the former Cassiar Forest District)
* Coast Mountain Forest District (excluding all areas northwest of a line running from the Alaska border through Rainbow Summit on Highway 16 to the south side of the Skeena River)
A map of the affected areas is available online.
The following will also be prohibited:
* the use of outdoor stoves and any other portable campfire apparatus that is not CSA-approved or ULC-approved
* the use of fireworks, firecrackers, tiki torches, sky lanterns, chimineas and burning barrels
* the use of binary exploding targets
THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY BEING REDESIGNED. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
FOR AFTER HOURS DISTRICT OF HOUSTON EMERGENCIES PLEASE CALL (250) 845-8591
District of Houston
3367 – 12th Street
PO Box 370
Hours: 8am to 5pm
(closed on Holidays)